Peace Boat is closely monitoring the situation in regards to the novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, and the health and safety of all are our highest priority. We extend our thoughts to all those impacted by this global threat, and our deep thanks to all those on the front lines of supporting communities around the world.
Please see through the link below the latest information regarding preventative measures carried out by our partner travel agency, Japan Grace, responsible for conducting Peace Boat's voyages..
Japan Grace, March 12, 2020
Our Response to the 2019 novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In addition, Peace Boat is implementing the following measures in each of our offices and volunteer centres:
- Thorough implementation of hand-washing and hygiene measures, including installation of soap and paper towels in all facilities.
- Regular ventilation with fresh air, and cleaning and sanitization of shared surfaces such as door knobs, tables and sinks.
- Installation of humidifiers to prevent air drying.
- Adjustment of staff working hours and shifts to avoid peak commuter rush hour and crowded periods.
Any events, gatherings and meetings are only to be convened in accordance to relevant local and international guidelines, with all possible precautions ensured.
Visitors to Peace Boat Centres, including volunteers and event participants, are to note the following:
1) Anyone who has a fever of 37.5 degrees or feels unwell should remain at home.
2) Hands are to be thoroughly washed with soap when coming from outside.
3) Individuals are encouraged to protect themselves through wearing masks etc.
COVID-19 is an issue which puts global public health at risk. As an international NGO working for peace, human rights and sustainability, we pledge to cooperate with all relevant agencies both domestically and internationally in order to contribute to prevention and mitigation as much as possible.
(Updated March 19, 2020)