We welcome the application of individuals interested in supporting our activities while gaining hands-on NGO experience in the field of peace, sustainability, international cultural exchange, and other areas.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, yet availability is limited. Please contact us for further information.
6 months (other periods can also be considered)
- Help to plan, carry out, and report on events both in Japan and overseas.
- Participate in various projects aimed at promoting international understanding and cooperation.
- Report activities on our website and in online newsletters/magazines.
- Conduct research and write reports on various issues and activities.
- Translate documents.
- Other miscellaneous office duties.
Peace Boat Main Office (Tokyo).
- Minimum 2 days, 10 hours per week. Basic computer skills (Word/Excel/Power Point, etc.).
- Proficiency in English or Japanese necessary.
- Proficiency in Chinese, Korean, Spanish and/or French highly welcomed.
- Strong interest in learning about peace, sustainability, and international cultural exchange.
Applications are open on a rolling basis. The starting period will be decided upon consultation with the applicant and Peace Boat secretariat.
Download and complete an internship application form from our website (available at the top of this page). Submit the form, your resume, and a one-page essay explaining your interest in interning for Peace Boat to email@example.com (Please write "Intern Application" in the subject line.)
Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of application, and those who pass the initial application review will be invited for interviews shortly after that.
No remuneration provided, but discount provided to those wishing to join one of our global voyages as a participant in the future.