IMPORTANT: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are not receiving applications for in-person internships. Also please note that our internship positions for 2021 are currently full. While applications are accepted on a rolling basis, the next availability for internships will be in 2022.
We welcome the application of individuals interested in supporting our activities while gaining hands-on NGO experience in the field of peace, sustainability, international cultural exchange, and other areas.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we are not running any in-person internships at the moment; these will be restarted from the year 2021.
6 months (other periods can also be considered)
- Help to plan, carry out, and report on events both in Japan and overseas.
- Participate in various projects aimed at promoting international understanding and cooperation.
- Report activities on our website and in online newsletters/magazines.
- Conduct research and write reports on various issues and activities.
- Translate documents.
- Other miscellaneous office duties.
Peace Boat Main Office (Tokyo).
- Minimum 2 days, 10 hours per week. Basic computer skills (Word/Excel/Power Point, etc.).
- Proficiency in English or Japanese necessary.
- Proficiency in Chinese, Korean, Spanish and/or French highly welcomed.
- Strong interest in learning about peace, sustainability, and international cultural exchange.
Applications are open on a rolling basis. The starting period will be decided upon consultation with the applicant and Peace Boat secretariat.
Download and complete an internship application form from our website. Submit the form, your resume, and a one-page essay explaining your interest in interning for Peace Boat to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write "2020 Intern Application" in the subject line.)
Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of application, and those who pass the initial application review will be invited for interviews shortly after that.
No remuneration provided, but discount provided to those wishing to join one of our global voyages as a participant in the future.